Sunday, January 9, 2022

01/09/22 - Launch

 On the verge of 41, I am taking a step to better document and organize what I read, view, decipher, and do. This was sparked by an old journal entry in which I was responding to Alaine de Botton's Religion for Atheists. He wrote about religion frequently revisiting the ideas and stories that gird its system of beliefs. 

The secular world has no equivalent (at least not as strong) - people must take it upon themselves to record and remember what moves and enlightens them. All too often, that gets lost as new input and experiences come in. Our stories and gains become something less, something hazy or entirely forgotten. The only good part of this that I can think of is that re-finding a nugget of the past is a stimulating thing.  

So, to start this off, I'll just drop some of what I"ve been finding and combining. 

1. Finished Ready Player 2 today. Not as gripping as 1 but still fun and many reminders of how I want to be / don't want to be. Conscious of my tech use and striving for genuine, sustained connection. 

2. In my journal review, I saw something about avoiding the negative thought patterns, especially in regard to my family. I still find that challenging and need to fight that tendency with more recognition of the good as well as less fixation on the bad. 

Now what? Not sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment